Yarmouth - Entry Level Police Officer
YARMOUTH, MA POLICE DEPARTMENT
Thank you for your interest in employment with the Yarmouth Police Department. Members of our Department are professionals who proudly perform critical traditional and nontraditional law enforcement services on a daily basis for the citizens and visitors of the Town of Yarmouth.
IMPORTANT TESTING INFORMATION
Please read the Written Exam Notice for instructions. No Refunds will be provided once the application is submitted
ABOUT THE PROCESS
This process will proceed at a rapid pace. There will be no rescheduling of events for any reason. We look forward to interacting with you during our selection process. All communications and notifications will be done by e-mail through PoliceApp and you should check your account regularly.
To compete in this process you must apply. Applications can be submitted by clicking the APPLY NOW icon above. The deadline for submitting your application is July 15, 2016-Midnight.
You are NOT eligible for employment with the Yarmouth Police Department if you have been convicted of a felony or if you have been dishonorably discharged from any military service.
You must also meet the following qualifications in order to be considered for a position with the Yarmouth Department.
- Age: Twenty-one (21) years of age at the time of the written test.
- Education: You must be a high school graduate or possess a GED AND have a minimum of 60 College Credits or
- Currently Serving Active Duty U.S. Armed Forces or
- Honorable Discharge From U.S. Military Service Minimum 1 year of Duty or Full Time Police Academy Trained with 1 Year of Full Time job experience. Police Academy must be MPTC or equivalent.
- License: Applicants must possess and maintain a valid driver’s license, applicants are required to obtain a Massachusetts Class A License to Carry Firearms.
- Residency: Candidates must be U.S. citizens.
- Drug Testing: Candidates shall be required to submit to a drug test as part of the pre-employment medical examination.
- Character Requirement and other factors: Candidates must meet the highest legal and ethical standards. Honesty and integrity are paramount to our profession. Candidates will undergo a rigorous background investigation before any offer of employment.
THE SELECTION PROCESS
The selection process will include, at minimum, a detailed review of your application packet, and the successful completion of the Department’s selection process which includes but may not be limited to the following:
• Written Examination Top 50 Scorers plus ties. Veterans will be awarded 3 additional test points.
• Oral Interview(s)
• Detailed Background Investigation
• Chief’s Interview
Additionally, the demonstration of strong oral and written communication skills throughout the selection process is essential.
The written examination will be held:
Date: July 17th, 2016 (NOTE: There will be NO make-up dates for this test!!!)
Time: 0900 (check in 0800-0900)
Location: Dennis Yarmouth Regional High School
210 Station Avenue
South Yarmouth, MA 02664
The Yarmouth Police Department is an Equal Opportunity
Please direct questions regarding this job to email@example.com
Jobs close at 11:59 PM (Eastern) on the deadline date specified, or when the position capacity has been met, or unless otherwise specified in the announcement. It is the applicant's responsibility to thoroughly read and understand the deadline requirements and capacity limits as outlined by the agency.