Ansonia - Entry Level Police Officer
Login & Apply Now
- CHIP Physical Ability Card
Click here for more information
- Connecticut Police Chiefs Written Test
Click here for more information
POLICE OFFICER OPENING
The Ansonia Police Department is now accepting applications for the position of Police Officer.
Prior to submitting an application for the position of Police Officer with the City of Ansonia, we strongly urge candidates to read the documents that are linked in the upper right-hand corner at www.policeapp.com
Successful candidates must be:
- 21 years of age at time of appointment
- Be a U.S. citizen
- Possess a high school diploma or equivalent GED
- Have a valid motor vehicle operator's license.
- Candidates must not have been convicted of any felony, any class A or class B misdemeanor, domestic violence convictions, Driving Under the Influence, Evading Responsibility, terminated for cause from a police department of local, state or federal government, been dishonorably discharged from the military or have committed any act which would constitute perjury or false statement.
At a minimum, all candidates must successfully complete a written exam (CPCA), oral board examination, physical agility (C.H.I.P.), thorough background investigation, polygraph examination, psychological interview, medical examination including drug screening.
You are NOT eligible for employment with the Ansonia Police Department if:
- You have used Cannabis substances during the last (3) three years (from date of application)
- You have used any illegal drug(s) or combination of illegal drugs, other than Cannabis substances, during the last (5) years (from date of application) or more than (5) five times
- You have been convicted of a felony, or a class A or class B misdemeanor under state or federal law
- You have been convicted of any misdemeanor crime involving domestic violence
- You have committed any act which would constitute perjury of false statement
- You have been convicted of Driving Under the Influence or Evading Responsibility
The CPCA written examination must be passed at the minimum grade of 70% and is valid if taken within 6 months of April 1, 2017. To view a schedule of the CPCA written examination dates click here.
Applicants will be required to possess a current C.H.I.P. card valid on or before April 1, 2017. This C.H.I.P. card must be at the 40% standard. Go to www.CHIP-Inc.com for a schedule of C.H.I.P. test dates and registration information.
The City of Ansonia offers an attractive salary and fringe benefits package, including a pension plan administered by the State of Connecticut's CMERS. As of July 1, 2016 starting salary range is $63,315-$71,219 annually for non-certified applicants. Additional information is located on the “recruitment and testing requirements” link on the www.policeapp.com web site.
Applications must be completed online at www.PoliceApp.com/Ansonia. The deadline for submitting applications is April 1, 2017.
The Ansonia Police Department is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to maintaining a diverse workplace where differing perspectives are a source of strength. People of all backgrounds are encouraged to apply.
Jobs close at 11:59 PM (Eastern) on the deadline date specified, or when the position capacity has been met, or unless otherwise specified in the announcement. It is the applicant's responsibility to thoroughly read and understand the deadline requirements and capacity limits as outlined by the agency.