Elizabethtown Borough - Certified Police Officer
- Lancaster County, PA Police Officer Exam
Click here for more information
ELIZABETHTOWN BOROUGH POLICE DEPARTMENT
IS NOW ACCEPTING APPLICATIONS FOR
THE POSITION OF POLICE OFFICER
The following forms are REQUIRED to be submitted with your Police App application. They can be uploaded to the Police App web site with your Elizabethtown Police Department application.
- (1A.) Proof of U.S. citizenship, usually accomplished through a copy of your social security card.
- (1B.) Naturalized citizen shall submit proof of naturalization.
- (2.) High school diploma or G.E.D. certificate, college diploma, if applicable.
- (3.) A copy of your Act 120 training certificate or other proof of completion or current enrollment with anticipated graduation date.
- (4.) Discharge or separation papers (DD Form 214) from military service, where applicable. This is required for consideration of being awarded Veteran Preference Points.
- (5.) Background Check Waiver
- (6.) Notarized Certification Form
If you are unable to scan and/or upload any of the above documents, you must mail or hand deliver those documents to the Elizabethtown Police Department, 600 South Hanover Street, Elizabethtown, PA 17022. Those forms MUST be received by Monday, April 10, 2017 at 3 PM. If the department does not have all of the required documentation by the April 10, 2017 deadline, you may be disqualified from further consideration in the process.
NOTE: If you need more space to answer question(s) on the application
If you require additional space to answer a question or questions on the application, there is space at the end of each section of the PoliceApp.com application entitled, "Use this space to provide additional information for this section if necessary." Use this area to provide additional information about any of the questions in that section of the application. Remember, all questions must be answered completely and thoroughly.
The candidate must be able to perform the Core Functions of a police officer as outlined by the Municipal Police Officers’ Education and Training Commission. Click HERE to see MPOETC web site for a list of core tasks.
Starting salary is based on the candidate’s experience, qualifications and work performance.
- 2017 range: probationary patrol $52,689 - $66,469, based on experience and qualifications, at the sole discretion of Borough Council. See attached salary and benefit summary.
ELIZABETHTOWN POLICE DEPARTMENT, ELIZABETHTOWN, PENNSYLVANIA
The Elizabethtown Police Department serves a 2.1 square mile borough of approximately 11,500 citizens. Within the borough is the Elizabethtown College, Elizabethtown Area High and Middle School campus. There are also two elementary schools. The department is made up of 18 sworn officers and 2 administrative civilian personnel. Officers include the chief of police, lieutenant, corporals, detectives, school resource officer and patrol officers. The department is dispatched through the Lancaster County-Wide Communications.
Department officers are assigned to various county task forces and teams to include Lancaster County Drug Task Force, Lancaster County Major Crimes Unit, Lancaster County Forensics Team, and a Regional Crash Investigative Team. The Elizabethtown police station also serves as a regional booking center for the fingerprinting and photographing of criminal suspects. This regional facility is utilized by three other police departments.
The Elizabethtown Police Department is an approved education and training facility by the Pennsylvania Department of Education and the Department of Veterans Affairs. This certification allows qualifying Veterans to receive their GI Bill Education Benefits as they complete their apprenticeship and on-the-job training during the first year of their employment with the police department. The training program meets the requirements of the CFR 21.4262 (OJT).
- Have successfully completed Act 120 by June 25, 2017.
- Citizen of the United States or Naturalized citizen, proof required with application
- 21 years of age (prior to deadline for submitting the application).
- Have graduated from an accredited high school (diploma) or G.E.D. certificate, proof required with application.
- Possess a valid Pennsylvania driver’s license.
- Applicant must be able to pass an extensive background investigation, including, but not limited to, a criminal history check, driver’s history check and credit check.
- Be of excellent character and may not have been guilty of any crime involving moral turpitude or of disgraceful conduct and has not been dismissed from public service for delinquency or misconduct of office.
- Prior use of illegal drugs will factor into the applicant's background investigation and could result in disqualification.
- Applicant MUST provide truthful and non-misleading information on every part of the employment application and background questionnaire.
- Not be affiliated with any group whose activities are subversive to the Constitution of the United States and/or the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania.
- Reside within 15 miles of the square of Elizabethtown Borough (excluding locations west of the Susquehanna River) within one year of appointment.
- Must pass physical agility portion of the 2016 Lancaster County Police Candidate Consortium Test
- Must pass the written examination portion of the 2016 Lancaster County Police Candidate Consortium Test, with a minimum score of 70%.
- Initial Elizabethtown Borough Police Department Application and all required attachments and documentation. NOTE: Failure to submit all of the required forms with your application may result in elimination from further consideration in the process.
- Future steps include:
- Complete Comprehensive Background Questionnaire.
- Preliminary background check
- Oral examination.
- Thorough background and references check.
- Interview with Borough Council.
- For candidate(s) that are offered a “conditional” offer of employment, successful completion of a polygraph, psychological evaluation, medical examination and drug screen are also required.
ELIZABETHTOWN BOROUGH POLICE DEPARTMENT IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Please direct questions regarding this job to firstname.lastname@example.org
Jobs close at 11:59 PM (Eastern) on the deadline date specified, or when the position capacity has been met, or unless otherwise specified in the announcement. It is the applicant's responsibility to thoroughly read and understand the deadline requirements and capacity limits as outlined by the agency.