Ansonia - Certified Out-of-State Police Officer
Login & Apply Now
- Connecticut Police Chiefs Written Test
Click here for more information
POLICE OFFICER OPENING
**OUT-OF-STATE CERTIFIED POLICE OFFICER**
**PLEASE NOTE: THIS POSITION IS FOR OUT-OF-STATE CERTIFIED POLICE OFFICERS ONLY. OUT-OF-STATE POLICE OFFICERS WISHING TO APPLY FOR THIS POSITION MUST TAKE AND PASS THE ENTRY LEVEL CPCA EXAM**
The Ansonia Police Department is now accepting lateral entry applications for the position of Police Officer.
Prior to submitting an application for the position of Police Officer with the City of Ansonia, we strongly urge candidates to read the documents that are linked in the upper right-hand corner at www.policeapp.com
Successful candidates must be:
- 21 years of age at time of appointment
- Be a U.S. citizen
- Possess a high school diploma or equivalent GED
- Have a valid motor vehicle operator's license.
- Candidates must not have been convicted of: any felony, any class A or class B misdemeanor; domestic violence convictions; Driving Under the Influence; Evading Responsibility; terminated for malfeasance or other serious misconduct from a police department of local, state or federal government; resigned or retired from any police department of local, state or federal government while under investigation for malfeasance or misconduct; been dishonorably discharged from the military or have committed any act which would constitute perjury or false statement.
At a minimum, all candidates must successfully complete a written exam (CPCA Entry Level for Out-of-State Certified Officers), oral board examination, physical agility (C.H.I.P.), thorough background investigation, polygraph examination, psychological interview, medical examination including drug screening.
The CPCA written examination must be passed at the minimum grade of 70% and is valid if taken within 6 months of April 1, 2017. To view a schedule of the CPCA written examination dates click here.
The City of Ansonia offers an attractive salary and fringe benefits package including a pension with the State of Connecticut's CMERS. As of July 1, 2016 starting salary range is $63,315-$71,219 annually for certified applicants. NOTE: Actual salary is based on number of years as a certified officer in good standing with the Police Officer Standards and Training Council (POSTC) Additional information is located on the “recruitment and testing requirements” link on the www.policeapp.com web site.
Applications must be completed online at www.PoliceApp.com/Ansonia. The deadline for submitting applications is April 1, 2017.
The Ansonia Police Department is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to maintaining a diverse workplace where differing perspectives are a source of strength. People of all backgrounds are encouraged to apply.
Jobs close at 11:59 PM (Eastern) on the deadline date specified, or when the position capacity has been met, or unless otherwise specified in the announcement. It is the applicant's responsibility to thoroughly read and understand the deadline requirements and capacity limits as outlined by the agency.