Township of West Windsor - Police Officer
Login & Apply Now
WEST WINDSOR POLICE DEPARTMENT
IS NOW ACCEPTING APPLICATIONS FOR
The written examination will be held on Saturday, May 13th, 2017
Location: West Windsor-Plainsboro High School South.
Mark your calendars accordingly as there will be no make up exams and
all fees paid are Non-Refundable.
Only the first two hundred and fifty (250) applications for the written phase of the examination will be accepted.
You do not have to be certified to apply and new candidates will be attending the Mercer County Police Academy or another academy in New Jersey
Under the direction of a superior officer, sergeant or supervisor, the police officer is required to perform general law enforcement work involving the protection of life and property through the enforcement of laws and related preventive and investigative work throughout the township.
ABOUT WEST WINDSOR POLICE DEPARTMENT
- The department currently has the following divisions: operations and services, investigative and traffic. The department employs forty seven (47) sworn officers, seven (7) full time dispatchers, five (5) secretarial staff.
- The Patrol division is the largest division with two (2) lieutenants, six (6) sergeants and twenty four (24) officers. The Patrol Division consists of four (4) squads working steady twelve hour shifts with every other Friday, Saturday, and Sunday off. The patrol division has one (1) canine officer with canine trained for patrol tactics and bomb detection.
- The Detective Bureau consists of one (1) lieutenant, one (1) sergeant, and six (6) detectives. Two (2) detectives are designated as juvenile detectives. The Traffic Bureau consists of one (1) sergeant and four (4) officers.
- The department consists of an authorized strength of forty seven (47) sworn officers, eleven (11) full time civilian personnel. The administrative functions are run by one (1) Administrative Lieutenant and the Chief of Police.
- United States Citizen
- 18 to 35 Years of Age
- 60 College Credits by July 1st 2017, or
- At Least Two Years Military Experience with Honorable Discharge, or
- New Jersey Police Training Commission Certification for Basic Police Office or Class II Police Officer or Are Currently in the Police Academy
- Please Note: A PTC Certificate is not required for application as we will be sending recruits to the Mercer County Police Academy
- Written Score of 74% or Higher
- Physical Fitness Score of 70% or Higher
- Written Exam
- Physical Fitness Test
- Oral Interview
- Background Investigation
- Formal Interview
- Psychological Testing
- Academy Training
How To Apply
The written phase of the examination process for police officer will be held on Saturday, May 13th, 2017 at the West Windsor-Plainsboro High School South. The high school is located at the intersection of Clarksville Road and County Route 571 (346 Clarksville Rd, Princeton Junction, NJ 08550), West Windsor, NJ 08550.
If you are interested in participating in the hiring process for the position of police officer, please complete the online application and pay the application fee.
You must be seated by 8:45 a.m. as the testing process will begin at 9:00 a.m. No one will be admitted into the testing area after 9:00 am.
- You must be 18 to 35 years of age and a resident of New Jersey on the date of hire.
- Must have either 60 college credits by July 1st 2017 or
- Have at least two years military experience with honorable discharge, or
- Have a NJ Police Training Commission Graduation Certificate for Basic Police Officer or Class II
Those applicants that score a 74% or higher on the written test will be invited to attend a physical fitness testing process to be scheduled at a later date. Please do not call police headquarters.
Only the first two hundred fifty (250) applications for the written phase of the examination will be accepted.
Deadline for Application is May 8th 2017 at 0900 Hours
Thank you for your cooperation and interest.
Joseph M. Pica, Jr.
Chief of Police
Please direct questions regarding this job to firstname.lastname@example.org
Jobs close at 11:59 PM (Eastern) on the deadline date specified, or when the position capacity has been met, or unless otherwise specified in the announcement. It is the applicant's responsibility to thoroughly read and understand the deadline requirements and capacity limits as outlined by the agency.