Tiverton - Entry Level Police Officer
TIVERTON POLICE DEPARTMENT
About Our Department:
The Tiverton Police Department is comprised of thirty sworn officers and twelve civilian support staff. These honest hard working men and women are committed to the highest level of professional service, providing a safe and enjoyable environment for those who live, work or visit our community. We are committed to addressing quality of life issues that affect all citizens. The department values the cooperation received from members of the community, fostering a partnership based upon a mutual trust. We exercise prudent financial management skills seeking grants and other funding resources that increase our community resources as we strive toward excellence in all phases of our operation.
Starting Salary - $44,120.52 (plus educational incentive, holidays & overtime)
Minimum Application Requirements:
- Two (2) years of college study that shall include at least successful completion of 60 credits AND/OR
- Two (2) years of honorable active military service AND/OR Four (4) years of honorable Reserve or National Guard Service AND/OR
- A graduate of the Rhode Island Municipal Academy with active law enforcement service within the past three (3) years.
- Must possess a valid drivers license
- Must be a minimum of 18 years of age
- Must be a United States Citizen
- Must possess a High School Diploma or GED
The applicants meeting the minimum basic requirements must successfully complete the following phases of the selection process. Testing Dates, Times, & Location will be emailed to qualified applicants:
- Physical Agility Test, which encompasses the following: 300m run, One Minute Sit-up Test, One Repetition Maximum Push-Up, and a 1.5 Mile Run. (Please download and print the Medical Release Form & Physical Agility Standards above and have completed by your physician before this test)
- Written Examination.
- Oral Review Boards.
- Intensive Background Investigation
- Interview with Tiverton Personnel Board
- Psychological Examination
- Recommendation by Police Chief to Town Administrator and Town Council.
- Medical Examination.
THERE WILL BE A MANDANTORY ORIENTATION THAT WILL BE ANNOUNCED AT A LATER DATE.
Tiverton is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer.
Jobs close at 11:59 PM (Eastern) on the deadline date specified or when the capacity has been met.