Monroe - Entry Level Police Officer
Login & Apply Now
- CHIP Physical Ability Card
Click here for more information
- Connecticut Police Chiefs Written Test
Click here for more information
Town of Monroe Police Department
is now accepting applications for the position of
Police Officer-Entry Level
Applications can be submitted by clicking the APPLY Now icon above.
IMPORTANT NOTICE: Review Hiring Standards and Process / Qualifications notices BEFORE applying.
The Monroe Police Department is participating in the CPCA entry level written test program. The next local CPCA written test is scheduled for April 29, 2017. You must pass this test prior to submitting your application to this job.
Read all requirements prior to submitting your applications. There will be NO REFUNDS of application fees once you submit.
Applicant Hiring Standards
The Monroe Police Department is a State of Connecticut Police Officer Standards and Training Council Accredited police department, dedicated to delivering professional law enforcement services to our community by hiring the most qualified individuals.
Below is a list of guidelines we follow when reviewing applicant’s backgrounds. This list does not constitute all applicable standards for hiring for this department.
The minimum qualifications for a police applicant are:
- Must be a U.S. Citizen
- Must be 21 years of age at the time of appointment
- Must be a High School graduate or passed a General Education Development test
- Possess a valid motor vehicle operator's license
- No felony or Class A or B misdemeanor convictions or any act which would constitute perjury or false statement
- Must meet department physical fitness standards and possess a valid CHIP card
- Additionally: Must NOT
- Have been Dishonorably Discharged from the military service.
- Have been terminated for cause from any department of local, state or federal government.
- Have tattoos on the face, head, hand, mouth or neck. Additional exposed tattoos subject to department policy review.
Upon appointment - No new tattoos which are exposed while the employee is in uniform of the day.
Must maintain a personal residence within 20 mile radius of Police Headquarters
Marijuana Usage: Candidates cannot have used marijuana within three (3) years preceding the date of their application for employment. The various forms of marijuana include cannabis, hashish, oil, and tetrahydrocannabinol (THC), in both synthetic and natural forms.
Illegal Drugs: Candidates cannot have consumed or possessed any illegal drug, other than marijuana, within the ten (10) years preceding the date of the application for employment. Additionally, candidates cannot have sold, distributed, manufactured, or transported any illegal drug or controlled substance without legal authorization.
Other factors considered, but not limited to, is the individuals:
- Employment / military history
- Driving history
- Criminal activity –involvement in non-detected crimes
- Truthfulness and character issues
Testing shall consist of:
- A passing score of 70% on the CPCA entry level exam and valid CHIP card
- An oral board interview
- Successful completion of background investigation
- Successful completion of psychological examination
- Successful completion of a polygraph examination
- Successful completion of a physical exam
- Successful completion of a drug screening
The Town Of Monroe Is An Equal Opportunity Employer.
Please direct questions regarding this job to firstname.lastname@example.org
Jobs close at 11:59 PM (Eastern) on the deadline date specified, or when the position capacity has been met, or unless otherwise specified in the announcement. It is the applicant's responsibility to thoroughly read and understand the deadline requirements and capacity limits as outlined by the agency.