Clinton - Entry Level Police Officer
Login & Apply Now
- Law Enforcement Council of CT Entry Level Police Officer Exam
Click here for more information
CLINTON POLICE DEPARTMENT
IS NOW ACCEPTING APPLICATIONS FOR
ENTRY LEVEL POLICE OFFICER
The Clinton Police Department is seeking to hire for the entry level position of Patrol Officer. Starting salary is $53,798/year plus full benefits and pension plan. You must have taken and passed (70%) the Law Enforcement Council Exam prior to the close of application deadline of 4/28/17.
- High School Diploma or GED required. Associate’s Degree preferred
- Possess a valid Connecticut Motor Vehicle Operator’s license
- Be at least 21 years of age
- Be of good character and high moral standards
- You must be a citizen of the United States
- Must be able to pass a thorough background investigation, polygraph, medical and psychological examination as well as physical agility and written tests.
- Other special requirements may apply.
The selection process will include, at minimum, a detailed review of your application packet, and the successful completion of the Department’s selection process which includes but may not be limited to the following:
- LEC Written Examination score of 70 % or higher (ELPD reserves the right to require a higher %)
- Physical Agility Testing
- Oral Board Examination
- Police Commission Oral Board Examination
- Polygraph Examination
- Psychological Examination
- Detailed Background Investigation
- Medical Exam
Jobs close at 11:59 PM (Eastern) on the deadline date specified, or when the position capacity has been met, or unless otherwise specified in the announcement. It is the applicant's responsibility to thoroughly read and understand the deadline requirements and capacity limits as outlined by the agency.