Carlstadt - Entry Level Police Officer
Login & Apply Now
Carlstadt Police Department
Now Hiring For
Written examination will be held on Thursday May 18th, 2017
Check In: 5:00 PM-6:00 PM
Location: Carlstadt Public School-550 Washington Street, Carlstadt, NJ 07072.
There will be no make up exams and you should plan accordingly to attend. Once you submit your application and pay your fee, there will be no refunds! There will be no study guide offered for this exam. A photo ID is required at Check-in and there are no cells phones or recording devices allowed in the examination or area!
- At least 18 years of age and less than 35 years of age by the time of appointment
- US Citizen
- Resident of NJ by the time of appointment
- 64 credits from an accredited college or minimum 3 years of military service
- Valid NJ Driver's license at time of appointment
- Must not have ever been convicted of any crime of the first, second, third or fourth degree, as designated by the Criminal Code of New Jersey, or a crime or felony offense in any other jurisdiction that involved moral turpitude or, at the time of application, is undergoing or awaiting court action of any kind in regard to such a crime or felony offense.
- Application Submission
- Written Examination
- Physical Agility Exam
- Initial Panel Interview
- Secondary Panel Interview
- Background Investigation
- Medical/Psychiatric Evaluation
ABOUT OUR DEPARTMENT:
The Carlstadt Police Department is seeking qualified candidates to become a Police Officer. We are looking for bright, energetic men and women who are up to the challenge to be their best. In return, you'll get the satisfaction of protecting our community and a sense of pride that will last a lifetime. From patrol with an emphasis on community policing, from a traffic bureau to a detective bureau, from a motorcycle unit to members of the Bergen County Prosecutor’s Office Fatal Accident Investigation Unit, Bergen County Rapid Deployment Force, and Bergen County SWAT Team. We have different specialty areas that will develop you as a complete law enforcement officer.
The Carlstadt Police Department is at all times committed to the utmost professionalism in providing police services to the community and each person falling within its jurisdiction, enforcing the law objectively, with leadership and integrity, executing their duties with a spirit of cooperation and courtesy , employing always a solution‐focused approach to protect and serve while continuously striving for excellence.
Please direct questions regarding this job to firstname.lastname@example.org
Jobs close at 11:59 PM (Eastern) on the deadline date specified, or when the position capacity has been met, or unless otherwise specified in the announcement. It is the applicant's responsibility to thoroughly read and understand the deadline requirements and capacity limits as outlined by the agency.