Mount Joy Borough - Certified Police Officer
Login & Apply Now
- Lancaster County, PA Police Officer Exam
Click here for more information
MOUNT JOY BOROUGH POLICE DEPARTMENT
IS NOW ACCEPTING APPLICATIONS FOR
[APPLICANTS MUST BE ACT 120 CERTIFIED IN ORDER TO APPLY]
Probationary Police Officers will perform a variety of law enforcement related duties within the Borough which include enforcement of State Statutes and Borough Code, investigation of criminal or other suspicious activity and motor vehicle accidents.
Beginning salary$ 55,896.00 per year
Salary after five years service $77,039.00/year
ABOUT THE MOUNT JOY BOROUGH POLICE DEPARTMENT
The Mount Joy Borough Police Department currently serves a diverse community of 8,000 residents. The department complement currently includes eight patrol offices, one detective, two sergeants and a chief of police. Department personnel also serve as members of a the Lancaster County SERT (SWAT), Major Crimes Unit, Crash Team, Crisis Intervention Team and South Central PA Strike Team.
The police department offers a very generous competitive benefits package which includes paid vacation and holiday leave, overtime, health care for the officer and his/her family, educational reimbursement and a defined retirement plan available after 25 years of service at age 50.
- Every Applicant for any position in the Police Department shall:
- Possess a diploma from an accredited high school or a General Education Development high school equivalency diploma;
- Have United States citizenship;
- Be physically and mentally fit to perform the full duties of a police officer;
- Have Act 120 Certification, or show proof of a passing score at the completion of required course work making graduate eligible for immediate Act 120 Certification prior to appointment, or show proof of certification from another state of the United States, which certification is capable of being transferred to Pennsylvania for Act 120 Certification prior to appointment; and
- Possess a valid motor vehicle operator’s license issued by the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania.
The hiring process includes successful completion of an oral interview, polygraph interview, background investigation and drug screening as well as psychological and medical examinations. In addition, new hires will serve in a probationary status of one year from their date of hire during which time they will receive on-the-job (field) training under the guidance of a senior officer.
Please direct questions regarding this job to firstname.lastname@example.org
Jobs close at 11:59 PM (Eastern) on the deadline date specified, or when the position capacity has been met, or unless otherwise specified in the announcement. It is the applicant's responsibility to thoroughly read and understand the deadline requirements and capacity limits as outlined by the agency.