Morris County Public Safety Training Academy - Alternate Route Basic Course for Police Officers
MORRIS COUNTY PUBLIC SAFETY TRAINING ACADEMY
ALTERNATE ROUTE BASIC COURSE FOR POLICE OFFICERS
A written examination will be held Wednesday, August 16, 2017 at 5 PM at the Morris County Public Safety Training Academy, 500 W. Hanover Ave., Parsippany, NJ. For individuals who register for the written exam, Study Guides will be available for pickup at the academy between 9:00am and 3:00 pm M-F during the dates applications are open.
Registration will begin Monday, June 26, 2017 through Friday August 11, 2017.
Enter your email address below to receive a notification when registration opens!
What Is The Alternate Route Basic Course For Police Officers?
This program was designed to give individuals interested in becoming police officers, the opportunity to attend a police training academy at their own expense, prior to being hired by a police department.
Although successful completion of the program does not assure a participant a position in law enforcement, graduates will have received training from a certified police academy, and are able to pursue employment as a certified police officer.
Basic Police Training is conducted in the Spring and Fall of each year, and is 20 weeks in duration. The Morris County Public Safety Training Academy is not a residency school, thus allowing trainees to attend from 7:00 A.M. to 5:00 P.M. each day.
As an Alternate Route Trainee your expenses will include:
- Registration Fee
- Medical and Psychological Examinations
- Uniforms and Equipment
for an approximate total cost of $4,500.00.
Candidates applying for the Alternate Route Program MUST meet the following requirements:
- AGE: 18-35
- Is a citizen of the United States
- Is sound in body and of good health sufficient to satisfy the board of trustees of the Police and Firemen’s Retirement system of New Jersey as to his eligibility for membership in the retirement system.
- Is able to read, write and speak the English language well and intelligently.
- Is of good moral character, and has not been convicted of any criminal offense involving moral turpitude.
- Must have minimum of 60 college credits or two (2) years active military service or a combination of the two. (Must provide proof of military service – DD214).
- Must be resident of the State of New Jersey.
- Individuals must provide two (2) proofs of residency.
The selection process consists of:
- Written Examination
- Physical Agility Test (Click Here to watch a video on the Physical Agility Test!)
- Comprehensive Background Investigation
- Oral Interviews
- Medical Examination
- Psychological Examination
- Drug Testing Through Urinalysis.
Jobs close at 11:59 PM (Eastern) on the deadline date specified, or when the position capacity has been met, or unless otherwise specified in the announcement. It is the applicant's responsibility to thoroughly read and understand the deadline requirements and capacity limits as outlined by the agency.